1.22.2011

Here's How It's Gonna Be, Peoples.

*Holds up hands*

Yes, yes, I've been lazy to write more blog entries. I know. I have no excuse. It wasn't for lack of ideas. But here's how it's gonna be: mainly reviews on things I read or watch, interspersed with updates on my new-found obsessive devotion to writing challenges. Because basically the only other things that happen in my life are work, school, and the basic activities inherent to the pursuit of periodically providing a sustainable energy source to maintain the optimum working state of this carbon-based lifeform.

So. It's been almost two months since NaNoWriMo was over, and I've had plenty of time to chill, and waste time procrastinating. But after a short break, and then an initial surge of productivity, my motivation to continue is starting to flag. And with plot bunnies streaming my out of brain and blinking up at me with big eyes (more on that later), and an unfinished The Amber Node on my hands, something must be done. I have my spreadsheet, complete with graphs and stuff, but it's just not quite cutting it. So I have decided to sprinkle a few extra month-long writing challenges into my life between now and next November, before NaNoWriMo 2011. Hopefully this will kick me into gear. I don't want to spend my entire life on one project!


PLN: //Nac Mac Feegle!

-FebNoWriMo: February Novel Writing Month. My Goal: Add another 20k to The Amber Node. Goal for first night: 3k words.
-Script Frenzy: Write 100 pages of a screenplay during the month of April. My Goal: Plan out my story (which I already have an idea for) before April begins.
-JulNoWriMo: July Novel Writing Month. My Goal: Complete a novel or write 50k words of it in July, whichever is more (meaning I will aim for completion first, even if it's >50k, and settle for 50k if it's complete before then.)


So I've got the first half of this year taken care of. :-) Now to dredge up the motivation to match the ambition. I must concentrate on how wonderful it will feel to have a finished product, or a met goal, in my hands, over the daily laziness I feel. I also think it would help if I didn't spend so much time on the forums. :-)

I don't feel like writing right now. Needless to say, I am ~3k behind on my personal goal for this month. Again.

All right. I'm out for now. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment