9.01.2011

Victory Snatched From the Jaws of Responsibility!

Well, I did it. I won Camp NaNo with 53k words. Call it Draft 0. It's more like a huge Plot Hole with a few scenes scattered around than it is an actual coherent story, but it's a start. I actually finished an entire week early (after starting a few days late!), and I wanted to spend the week plotting out the rest of it. My goal was to have a complete plan done, so I could write 'the end' and then take a long writing break to refresh myself for November.

That didn't happen.

I got stuck on where to go with the story arc for two of the three plot threads, and spent the last three or four days dithering and staring at the giant piece of newsprint where I started plotting. Things picked up again yesterday, though, when a couple of ideas dropped into my head. I think as things stand now, I'm going to have to pants through a few scenes and see where the story wants to go before I hogtie it.

All right, this is where I hand out cookies.

Thank you people on the NaNoWriMo forums. I could never have written so many words without the help of this awesome community. Thank you Camp cabin-mates. The cheers and s'mores were priceless as we raced across the finish line together and propped up our flagging enthusiasm with stolen flagpoles. And last but not least, thanks to my writing buddy M. This story would never have developed this far without all your intensive questions on how my plot works. Now I know that when I take Storyland apart, I can put it back together again without breaking anything. :-)

In other news, I must again thank M for giving me the Liebster Award on her blog!


The way it works is that someone gives you the award, and then you're supposed to pass it on to your five favorite blogs that have less than 200 followers, and let them know that you gave it to them. It's a way of spreading some bloggy love to awesome people who don't have many readers!

Right now I have two blogs I can forward this to...so here you go!


I still have three virtual blogs left to award, and I will do so here as and when they come up. 

Who knows?





No comments:

Post a Comment