6.08.2011

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

I shall gather my resources and try again. This time I will win.



The madness begins again on July 1st. For real, this time. Summer. No finals. No work. No interference.

So I won't really re-hash my JulNo idea much here, since (unusually) I've told everybody but the kitchen sink, and that's because it hasn't got ears. (Got quite a mouth on it though! It won't shut up about its mother in law! And it tends to go nom nom nom in the middle of the night while it eats our forks. Comfort food to stave off the depression, apparently.)

The gist (for those who live in a box):

Storyland is a magical place where stories are built, and it is ruled by the great and wise Narrator, who ensures that all characters have their place, that all plot holes are closed, and that all stories end appropriately. Then the evil Ineffable Wizard, who wants all the stories for  himself, kidnaps the Narrator and imprisons him. Chaos reigns. The Ineffable Wizard destroys existing stories, enslaving all the characters for his own personal epic. It is up to the MCs to go on a quest to find the Magical Maguffin, an object that will help them to free the Narrator, and restore order to Storyland. 

Which brings me to my next point. Usually I start with a character and build a plot for them. This time I have no idea who my main characters are. Awkward. So I will be holding auditions for the role!

Epic quest! Fun! Danger! Adventure! Magic! Deadly enemies! Small hope of success! Huge likelihood of painful tortuous death! A chance to get the girl!

Contenders:


  • Jason - A magic flying boy who is allergic to gravity.
  • Destiny - A damsel in distress in training whose destiny it is to face her destiny. 
  • Barin - A shy young secretary who's lived in the shadow of his heroic brother Garin all his life.
  • Slythin Brenyssen - The most clever con man ever. He's such a good con man that even he doesn't know he's a con man. *wink* *grin with flashing teeth* 
  • Metonema Necrostophyte - a deadly assassin who can kill with a paintbrush. Possibly telepathic.
  • Gavrel Urthhart - A young farm boy who has no clue what's about to hit him.
  • Mary Sue - A hopelessly perfect multi-talented incarnation of the author who has a disturbing tendency to have a personality.
  • Horus Whyten - An artist who has the gift of making everything in his art come true. 

So that's that for now. I will post a cover or banner as soon as I finish making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment